Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Cuddliest AG doll??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I ask this question because I've been down with the flu for the past week (ick!) and I kept wanting to hold my Josefina when I felt my worst. I've decided that's because her hair is back in that long braid and is not easily messed up, her clothes are multi-layered and soft, adding to her cuddle factor, and her facial expression is calm and soothing. I love all my dolls, but I find it hard to really hold or hug dolls like Samantha or Lindsey, whose curls get messed up so easily. Josefina really did the trick for me this week! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member EmilyStrange's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree! I just cuddled my Josefina in her sarape and she was so soft! I read Kaya's Escape and cuddled Josefina. Her hair was down and it is so soft.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2002
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think Addy looks so cuddly in her Striped Dress (the old short story one). I do not have the Addy doll yet, but I already got the Striped Dress and it is pretty roomy so maybe that's why Addy looks cuddly in it.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BETSYSLITTLESTAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 18th, 2002
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I was going to say also, when I was doing prep to go to the hospital for one of my my colonoscopies (one back in the summer), OI felt really miserable and I decided to choose a doll to keep me company. I had a hard time...

    Kaya would get messed up too easily if I held her, because of her braids and her elaborate stuff.

    I did not have Felicity yet at this time.

    Kirsten (my mom's) I did not choose her either because of the braids.

    My mom also had Kit, which was a good choice because of the short hair, but her outfit isnt cuddly.

    Molly is my oldest doll and I have to be careful with her so she doesn't fall apart, lol. So I didn't choose her either.

    I can't remember if I had Kailey at the time.

    Finally I settled on Lindsey because she had short hair too, but since her clothes are not very cuddly, I put her in the Starry night dress and put the Sugarplum coat on over it so she would be nice and soft and cuddly.
    (This was back in the summer though,and I put her in a coat, hat and mittens, so she was making a big sacrifice for me!)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Judy 2's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 19th, 2002
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Katie, I'm sorry you're not feeling well - I hope you're better soon. I'm glad that Josefina helped! I tend to hug my AGOT the most - maybe because her clothing is simple and not easily messed up, and her hair is usually down, so I don't worry about messing that up, either. (It's also soft!) I also like to cuddle Felicity, and Josefina....probably the least with Kaya, because of her braids.

    Judy

  6. #6
    Inactive Member annkirstin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm sorry you had the flu Katie! [img]frown.gif[/img] No fun!

    My Samantha doesn't really have any curls, so I wouldn't worry about cuddling with her if I wanted to. She didn't have many curls to begin with and they seemed to come halfway out when I brushed anyway (something I was disappointed with), but I think I probably "ruined" what curls she had left by sleeping with her as a child. My sister got Kirsten and wanted to keep her absolutely pristine and couldn't understand why I was *gasp* taking Samantha to bed with me! But I'm not sorry. [img]wink.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Kit_Girl's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    313
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have been kinda bummed out this week too. (Not because I'm sick) And Kailey really helped me get thru this. All my girls have. Also, Harry Potter 5 helps too.
    Tracy

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Peachysweetdream's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2002
    Posts
    389
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope you feel better quickly, Katie!

    Hmmm... this is quite the coincidence, I *seriously* was thinking this same thing today when I was cleaning up my dolls (they were rather disorganized from the last photo session on Saturday [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

    For me, it is definitely Josefina. In October of 2002, I won that Razzle Dazzle sweepstakes and bought Josefina.The next week, my older sister died suddenly in an accident- needless to say, I was out of it quite a bit, but I carried Josie around with me and reread her books. The doll and her character were such a solace to me and that definitely stays true today. Josie is one of my newer dolls, but I feel as attached to her as any!

  9. #9
    Inactive Member spiritik's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 21st, 2003
    Posts
    64
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Georgia:
    The doll and her character were such a solace to me and that definitely stays true today. Josie is one of my newer dolls, but I feel as attached to her as any!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I think that as much as being a physical comfort that Josie's character would be a comfort. She seems compassionate and serene. I really do love her. [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

    I hope that you feel better soon, Katie. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

    Georgia, though it's been a couple of years, I'm sorry about your sister. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

    <font color="#020176" size="1">[ January 13, 2004 10:14 PM: Message edited by: Virginia ]</font>

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Katie148's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    457
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just wanted to add a thanks for the get well wishes, everybody. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] I'm feeling much better this week; I'm finally back to my normal life of work and school. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •